About Brentacre Car Insurance
Brentacre Car Insurance was formed in Swansea in 1987 by Bill White. Brentacre has remained a family owned and run business ever since, offering solutions for all classes of general insurance. The emphasis has always been on excellent customer service and support, and this is highlighted by the amount of clients that we have retained for so many years. John White joined the company in 1991, bringing with him real knowledge and experience in the area of specialist and modified vehicles. In that time Brentacre has become a market leader in this area of car insurance, offering a combination of service, premium and knowledge that many other companies miss.
Being a family run firm, and with the support of a dedicated and enthusiastic team of experienced employees, we can always guarantee that you will receive a dedicated and personal service, with the aim of always listening to your requirements and finding the best possible deal for you.
Call us now on 01792 650 933 for a quote, or us our online insurance quote form.
Treating Customers Fairly
The Directors and Management of Brentacre Insurance Services Ltd are committed to ensuring that the FCA principle of treating customers fairly (TCF) is applied in all areas of our day to day business activities.
In adopting the TCF principle we recognise that fair treatment of our customers is about adding value to the service we offer by aiming to:
- Protect the interests of our customers at each stage of the product life cycle, from promotion right through to after sales service
- Meet as best we can the unique needs of each customer by offering a transparent, efficient and professional service, and constantly reviewing our service to identify areas for improvement
In practical terms for the different areas of our business this means:
- Ensuring that promotional material is clear, compliant, jargon free and appropriately targeted
- Ensuring that sales staff (both on and off-site) have thorough training on all products they advise on or sell, understand who they are and aren’t suitable for, and are encouraged to challenge product providers where they spot inconsistencies, ambiguities or potential unfairness in the product literature or product features
- Operating sales remuneration systems which assure fairness to the customer as well as customer satisfaction, rather than only rewarding sales volumes
- Finding ways to encourage non sales staff to implement TCF in their day to day business activities
- Keeping detailed records of customer instructions and profile/attitude to risk, and of the advice and options given before, during and after a sale – to help ensure we treat customers fairly and can deal with any complaints that may arise swiftly and fairly
- Encouraging after sales contact with clients where appropriate to correct or improve on the service already offered
- Ensuring that customer complaints are assessed fairly, promptly and impartially, and in line with FCA deadlines and rules
- Encouraging staff to recommend improvements to service following customer complaints – and monitoring the outcome
- Ensuring that staff are kept up to date with relevant training in relation to competence, data protection and other matters directly affecting the quality of service offered to customers
- Offering regular training in the principle of TCF at all levels of the business
- Regularly monitoring and reporting on all of the above TCF activities as part of the company’s monthly statistics/MI, in order to assess TCF performance across the business and recommend changes where appropriate
- Ensuring that TCF values, which are set and communicated by Senior Management, are supported by all staff and understood in the same way
We pride ourselves on the services we provide to our clients and we hope that you do not have cause to complain. In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied about something we have or haven’t done, we have a set procedure to follow. Please contact our office for details.
Some clients are able to take unresolved complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
You can contact FOS using the various methods below and we have provided a brief guide to their service here and a link to their website here.
By phone Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm and Saturday – 9am to 1pm
0800 023 4 567 (calls to this number are now free on mobile phones and landlines)
0300 123 9 123 (calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers)
or from abroad on +44 20 7964 0500
The Financial Ombudsman Service