We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Although we endeavour to meet our customers’ expectations at all times, we understand that from time to time complaints may arise.
As such, we are required to establish, implement and maintain effective and transparent procedures for the reasonable and prompt handling of complaints and that these procedures should allow complaints to be made by any reasonable means and recognise complaints as requiring resolution.
Who will be investigating my complaint?
The name and contact details of the person handling your complaint will be contained in the letter which accompanies these procedures
How long will it take?
We try to resolve any complaints as quickly as possible. However, in the event that the complaint is complex in nature or requires further investigation, we will utilise the following timescales:
- Within 5 business days of receipt of your complaint you will receive a copy of these procedures together with a covering letter identifying the details of the person dealing with your complaint. This is our Acknowledgement Letter. If by this time we have been able to resolve your complaint this will also be our Final Response Letter.
- We will keep you informed throughout the processing of your complaint.
- Within 4 weeks of receipt of your complaint we will endeavour to provide you with a Final Response Letter. If, however, we are not in a position to do so, we will write to you explaining why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint and give you an indication of when we will make further contact.
- Within 8 weeks of receipt of your complaint we will endeavour to provide you with a Final Response Letter. If, however, we are not in a position to do so, we will write to you:
- explaining why we are still unable to give a final response;
- giving reasons for the delay;
- indicating when you should expect to receive a final response;
- providing details of any right you may have to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service, together with a copy of their leaflet.
What should I do if I am still not satisfied with how my complaint is being handled?
If you remain dissatisfied, you may have a right to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service for further advice and guidance. This will not affect your legal rights.
Please note that referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service must be done within 6 months of your receipt of our Final Response Letter.
Further information on the Financial Ombudsman Service can be found on their website at:
www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk; or you can telephone them on 0800 023 4567; or by writing to The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
Financial Conduct Authority
Brentacre Insurance Services Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority – Number: 307060
Telephone: 0800 023 4567
The Financial Ombudsman Service,